Some people are able to manage their diabetes by going on a strict diet. Below are some common garden herbs that can help to regulate either insulin production or sugar absorption in your blood. Each ingredient has been found to help lower blood sugar levels, anti-inflammatory and antioxidants. Additionally, assists the body to improve the body’s sensitivity to insulin and metabolize glucose that the condition that results in diabetes.
Another herbal tea blend that you can make to lower blood sugar levels includes hibiscus flowers, turmeric, ginger, lemongrass, stinging nettles, and eucalyptus leaves. You can mix or substitute the lower items with those corresponding ingredients i.e. flowers, leaves, roots. These ingredients either hinder your body’s ability to absorb sugar or regulate insulin production.
Ingredients to Put Together
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 leaves of milk thistle
- 4 sage leaves
- 3 jasmine flowers
Then Making the Tea or Hot Infusion
- raw honey to sweeten
- 2 cups water
- Place a cinnamon stick in a pot of water and bring it to a boil very slowly (20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and brew for an additional 15 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick when the water turns a dark, golden color.
- Bring the pot to a boil again, then remove from heat.
- Add a few milk thistle leaves, sage leaves, and fresh jasmine flowers and buds and brew for another 5 minutes.
- Strain and sweeten with honey if necessary.
Notice – please be mindful with what is going on with your body. These hot infusions are designed for temporary relief and for long term maintenance. If the problems you are experiencing changes or becomes more acute in pain or durance please reference your medical professional about the issue. Also if you choose to use dried ingredients vs. to fresh you would need to cut in half the fruit or roots and double the leaves and flowers.