Sometimes we need something to quell the mind and give us a sense of relaxation to get that good night sleep, adult or child alike. This is a gentle way to quiet the brain for the rest that is needed.
Ingredients to Put Together
- 3/4 cup dried chamomile flower petals
- 1/4 cup dried spearmint leaves
- 1/3 cup dried ginger powder
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar,or honey, or maple syrup
Add 2 tbsp of a Passionflower based tincture – If you are adding alcohol or tincture to your mixture, pour it into the bottle, using enough to fill a quarter of the bottle space (adding alcohol to the syrup while it’s still hot negates its stabilizing properties). Finally, pour cooled syrup into the bottle, shake to combine
- Start with a 1:1 ratio of herb and water, and boil water in a pot, then add the herb at a 1:1 ratio.
- Allow it to simmer, uncovered, on the stove top until depleted by half. This should take around 45 minutes.
Turn off heat, then cover with a lid and allow to steep for roughly 30 minutes.
- Measure the end product so you know precisely how much you have.
- Reheat the concentrate over low heat and add sweetener at a 1:2 ratio. 1 cup of sweetener to 2 cups liquid
- Stir mixture until it’s sticky enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool completely.
Pour int a jar, label it Name of herbs used, and date of creation
- Shake jar before use.
Remember to keep refrigerated and capped when not using.