This mix brings together those herbs that can help someone who may be need additional help for their sleep routine. Obviously, with anything that has to deal with vital organs of the body, please consult a doctor before you intake the tincture detailed below.
Ingredients to Put Together
- 2 tbsp dried Hibiscus flowers
- 1 tbsp dried Lavender blossoms
- 3 tbsp dried catnip leaves
- 3 tbsp dried Chamomile
- 2 tbsp dried Passionflower
Mix the fresh or dried ingredients together and place them in a clean jar with a lid, away from heat or light sources.
- Remember when using dried herbs the herbs to liquid ratio is 1:5 in the chosen jar and with fresh ingredients it is a 1:2 ratio
Add enough very hot water to cover the herbs completely
- Fill the rest of the jar with Glycerin
Place parchment paper between lid and jar
- Seal jar tightly
Label Jar with Name of tincture, and date of creation
- Shake jar often once a day for 4 weeks, and then 3 times a week for the remaining 4-6 weeks
After the 8-10 weeks, filter the herbs from the liquid, squeeze out the resulting liquid using cheesecloth or a nut milk bag
Put the liquid tincture into amber or cobalt blue colored glass containers with dropper type lids, label the Tincture Name and Date of Creation and store the extra bottles in a cool place away from heat and sunlight. You can also store the finished tincture in the original jar once you strain out the herbs from it.